Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Bike Ride

What a great day for a ride.  The sun wasn't out one time today so I went without sunglasses and only 2 water bottles.  I tucked some food into my bento bag and headed off to Sprague Brook on my Bianchi MUSS.  I love this bike for some strange reason and now that it is road ready I see a lot of time on that bike coming up!

Cemetery 5 minutes from the house
I have passed this cemetery for every ride and run since we moved here almost 5 years ago and I never realized it was there until this past spring.  Today I shot some pictures.  1800's was a long time ago!!

No Hitchhiking allowed
There was a pretty steady southerly headwind heading up the hill so I cut down to the main road sooner than usual to get out of it.  Made good time to the park and it was vacant.  I am still getting used to no suspension again so I stuck to the easy routes for another week or so.  I need to get my human shocks built up again for the rigid beast!

Love the Single Track
I rode around for a while and then headed back up hill to another section and bam - my first flat on the Bianchi this season.  Not my first flat by any means.  I fixed it and headed off to the parking lot to see if I could score a floor pump but no luck.

Off into the woods

So I headed home and hit the bike shop on the route to top off the rear wheel.  Headed over to church to check on the kids who were doing a road cleanup project for youth group.  They were just finishing up and the wife had a funeral luncheon to help out with so I rode home and grabbed the vehicle and went back and grabbed my son.

Have a great weekend - rain is blowing in tomorrow so no bike tomorrow.  They said the same thing last Sunday also so we might luck out!

1 comment:

MrDaveyGie said...

Neat pics, maybe the rain will blow another direction, happy rides to ya.