Friday, February 29, 2008

Sunday February 24th Bike Ride - 47 Miles

Well I finally got out on the Bianchi again. Have been doing a lot of roller action lately because of the weather and wanted to hit the pavement badly!

I got 47 miles in and it was windier than I would have liked it to be. Headed down into Hamburg and out to Eden and then looped back around and headed for Springville. Made it just out of Springville and headed home because of time constraints. Now the deciding point was which hill to head up and I felt pretty good so I headed up the backside of Boston-Colden and Cole Road. This is a brutal climb on my Cannondale so you can imagine what it is like on the SS mountain bike. I took it easy and just watched my heart rate and made it up the hill no problem!

I want to hit lower east hill road next after a ride like that to see how it feels heading up that road again.

I have to watch my nutrition because I got shaky half way down to Springville and stopped for a Gatorade and Fig Newtons and pigged out on those. Felt a lot better, but it was colder than I thought it would be so I put another shirt on top of my layers for the final part home.

I wonder if that helped lead to me getting sick this week or if I was overdoing it a little.

Tomorrow is an 8 mile run and if I don't feel up to it - I am going to skip it! No big deal. I definitely have a good base in and 1 easy week will not kill me!

No comments: