Thursday, January 14, 2010

Small Change Makes Big Difference

As I mentioned yesterday - the hat choice I made was a poor decision. So last night as I prepared for my Wednesday night ride I grabbed my wind protection hat and I was toasty comfy all night long!

Wednesday's have been my main riding day for about 3 years now. This is how it started: Our church has a large young boys and girls night on Wednesday (Stockade and Pioneer Girls - a lot like Boy & Girl Scouts but a lot more Christian theme to it) and I was heavily involved with it because of my son for about 4 years. It came to the point where he liked it as a downtime away from dad so I found a local group ride on Wednesday during the nice months that I would do.

Now I get home from work, have some dinner with everyone, get changed, and still ride on Wednesday nights as long as conditions don't most likely lead to possible death - blowing snow or ice - bad stuff. Rain, light snow, cleared roads with 6' snowbanks on the side - Those are all good!

Last night I was still lazy and left the mountain bike with it's flat front tire in the garage and I took my single speed cross bike out for a spin - Good times! Here is a picture of one of my favorite bikes in my stable (top 2 and pretty close to being #1 but I don't want to offend the others!)
We also got our 1/2 of a 1/2 of a cow from some friends. 52 pounds of beef that should last a couple of months hopefully. I cannot wait to taste the chuck roast next week though!

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

52 POUNDS OF BEEF!!!! I want to have dinner at your place!!