Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No Running For A While

Well the last couple of months have been a whirlwind concerning my running.

Here is a brief synopsis:

October: I have a leg flare up that makes me stop running and almost cry. Pain is so severe it effected my lower back so I went to a friend of ours for chiropractor care and he diagnoses it as ITBS. Tells me to take 6 weeks off of running, focus on a foam roller and aqua jogging.

Mid November: I begin a 1min walk/run program for a couple of weeks and then start off running 1 mile, slowly increasing to 1.5 miles, and then 2 miles.

December: Hit the 2 mile point and my leg is bothering me again so I set up an appointment with a local sports doctor after our vacation return during the holidays.

Last Week: Diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my hip and am told I should not run ever again. Have 2 x-rays taken and wait for results. Get a letter in the mail saying X-Ray is fine and that is all. I call a doctor who is a friend and discuss with him and he offers to see me to help diagnose the problem.

Last Night: Diagnosed with Femoral Nerve inflammation. Now I am in the waiting game of seeing a neurologist next week to see how we can get the inflammation to disappear so I can run again.

My promise is that if I am able to run again - An Ironman will be signed up for 2011 and a fall marathon!

I miss running!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Gosh! What a bummer. You must be very frustrated. good luck with the neuro, I hope you find some answers.

Libby said...

sounds like you need a lumbar spine MRI! good luck to you and never let anyone tell you that you can never run again, its almost never true. keep your chin up and good luck!!

cody@codywestheimer.com said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sucks. But can you at least swim/cycle in the meantime? Happy healing.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there, you be back beofre you know it, look at the bright side, at least it happen in the offseason.