Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Long Run

Well today I was going to go outside and add to my crappy weather challenge points - 12 degrees/25mph winds/light snow - would have made for a great score with a 12 mile run, but common sense took over and I headed to the YMCA for a track/treadmill workout.

The place was crazy. I started on the track which I never do in the morning and did 3 miles at 10 min miles. Wrapped that up and hit the treadmill for 3 miles at a little faster pace, but not much. Went back out to the track because we are only allowed 30 minutes on the treadmill and I generally follow rules! Did 3 miles again at 10 min miles and headed to the treadmill -yeah right. Back out to the track. Finished up with a slightly faster pace than 10min miles but not much. Felt great and I could have kept going.

To keep me going I took a gelpack every 3 miles with water and just plain water every mile. Ate a ClifBar at 1hour (1/2) and 1 1/2 hours also. It took a couple of minutes for my blood to adjust but they did the trick!

See you at CrossFit workout tomorrow - Pain is my choice!

No comments: