Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Weather

This is my first rant in this blog so I figured it might as well be about the weather.

So we have had some awesome snow falling this early in the year and then we get this disgusting heavy rain that ruins the good base for snowshoeing and cross country skiing!!! And I am not very happy about it either!

Then yesterday I get to go to Houston, TX for 1 day and it is 43 degrees there. Now I don't mind 43 degrees in Buffalo (especially if it is not raining) but when I travel for 20 hours in 1 day I would like to see the sunshine and be able to enjoy being outside without a coat on!

Now it is snowing again and we are supposed to get some heavy snow this weekend also. I hope the rain stays away because my sister is coming to town the week after Christmas and I would like to do some skiing or snowshoeing with her.

Training is progressing for the snowshoe marathon and TransIowa. Just working on building up the base to be able to complete both and will look to competing in both next year with more speed over that type of distance and time!

This is all about the journey to the destination right now. What that destination is? I will let you know when I figure it out!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if I don't post again!

No comments: