Monday, January 12, 2009

Cross Country Skiing

I have found a new winter love! Cross country skiing at Sprague Brook on the hiking trail. It is a great workout, you get away from all the people on the regular trail, and you get to see some beautiful scenery! What more do you need.

I just wish snowshoe running was as easy as cross country skiing is. I do not realistically seeing myself competing this year in that snowshoe marathon. I am having trouble hitting 6 miles on the snowshoes, much less 26 miles. There is a 10K race this weekend in Rochester that I am hopefully doing and that will give me a good gauge on my snowshoe running fitness level.

I really need to bring my camera with me though so I can provide some nice pictures to this blog of mine. Would make it look a lot neater than just my stories!

No comments: